Free Provisioning


I don’t know Xamarin, C# and others at all, so I don’t need to know how to test Apps on real device yet. But since it’s absolutely sure that I will want to do it in the future, I have tried Free Provisioning.



Free Provisioning guide site seems not a little bit helpful, so I write down how I did it.
  • In Xcode, added my Apple ID, and physically connected my iPhone to my Mac.
  • Created a blank App. Product Name and Organization Identifier are important here. At this time, I created a blank App with the Product Name of “FreeProvision” and the Organization Identifier of “Xamarin”.



  • Then, a new solution with the name of “FreeProvisioning” has been created, and its Bundle Identifier was “Xamarin.FreeProvisioning.”

  • Selected my iPhone in simulator selection tab and built the solution, FreeProvision App was installed on my iPhone.


  • Launched the App, but error, because my iPhone didn’t trust the App’s developer (my Apple ID). So verified the App’s developer in my iPhone’s Setteings > General > Profiles & Device Management, and could launch the App successfully.
  • Off course, the App was blank, my iPhone’s display just changed white. But the provisioning profile with the Bundle Identifier name of “Xamarin.FreeProvisioning” was created.


  •  Returned to my IDE (Visual Studio for Mac). Opened Phoneword solution of iOS Quick Start, double-clicked info.plist in the solution pad on the left side of the IDE’s windows. In info.plist, changed the Bundle Identifier to “Xamarin.FreeProvisioning.” Application Name need not be changed.

  • Right-clicked Phoneword project in the solution pad, went to option > iOS bundle signing, confirmed that Bundle Identifier had been changed to “Xamarin.FreeProvisioning.” The team name had been automatically changed to my Apple ID.

  • Selected my iPhone in the simulator selection tab, and built the solution. The Phoneword App was overwrite installed on the FreeProvisioning App.

 

  • Incidentally, repeated all above steps with the different Bundle Identifier name, “Xamarin.FreeProvisioning1” for example, a sample solution I created was additionally installed (blue icon next to Xamarin icon).

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Get the Color Code from an Image Pixel

PCL Storage (1)

Prolog Interpreter